Please read the following information carefully
• You will receive an abbreviated schedule at the WHC (without workshop descriptions). The full WHC schedule with workshop descriptions is posted on the website at www.newomensherbal.com. If you want a copy of the schedule w/workshop descriptions, be sure to print it and bring it with you. Any changes & updates to the schedule will be posted on August 1st; wait until after August 1st to print it.
• We are unable to drive up to the cabins or campsites, as the pathways to them are not drivable. In the main parking lot, there is a covered drop off place to put your baggage. It will be well marked and someone will be there to help you. We will have golf carts and handy garden carts (and helpers for anyone who needs help) to take luggage to your cabin and/or campsite. THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO PACK ACCORDINGLY. Put camping gear in duffle bags and keep luggage to a minimal. Remember, for 90 years girls have been doing this at Camp Wicosuta and we can do it too! It’s a very short distance...
• Camp Wicosuta is located approximately 1 hour from Concord, NH/ 1 hr. 15 minutes from Manchester/NH. Clear directions are included. Please use these in conjunction with an updated road map. And please if possible, ride share.
Make Friends, Save Money, Carpool!
Please try to carpool, as parking is limited. Going by an
Airport? Your Long-Distance Sisters Need You! Share this line with all those who are coming to the trip:
Important details to note & things to plan ahead for ~
• No pets are allowed on the grounds; leave beloved furry friends at home. No exceptions.
• Only Registered Guests allowed on campgrounds: Husbands & boyfriends as well as family and friends not registered for the WHC will not be allowed on the grounds. There will be a designated meeting place in the parking lot that is the Friends & Family Meeting Spot (look for sign). There are lovely campgrounds in the area (www.lakesregion.org & firstname.lastname@example.org) where friends and family can camp while you’re having fun & learning tons at the WHC. But please be clear with them that they will not be welcomed on the grounds.
• No nudity at the camp. Also, No Camping or Car Camping in parking lot across the street from Camp Wicosuta. It is imperative that we honor these requests, as it is camp policy.
• Smoking is only allowed in designated areas. Campers please note; smoking is not allowed at the campsites. Please honor this.
• Swimming in the pool and at the lake are permitted at designated times only when the lifeguard is on duty. Times will be posted at the conference. All children must be under supervision of an Adult or Kids Kamp while at the beachfront.
Lodging options at Camp Wicosuta
All participants must bring their own bedding
The bunkhouses are clean & comfy! Think summer camp! Sister hood! Friendships! If you’re a light sleeper, bring earplugs and an eye pillow! Each cabin has a nice large bathroom area. You must register ahead for cabin space. Let us know ahead of time if there are friend(s) you wish to room with. If you are elderly and/or have difficulty getting around let us know ahead of time, and we’ll try to put you in one of the cabins closest to all of the activities. We will reserve a cabin(s) for women w/ children. Most cabins are centrally located. Everyone must bring their own bedding; sleeping bag, or sheets/ blankets and pillow. And towels and personal toiletries. Indoor lodging is $65 per person for the weekend (Friday & Saturday night)
Camping – there are several areas for camping. Portapotties will be located close to the camping areas. There are very limited showers. Campers need to bring all of their own camping gear; water proof tent (a must!), sleeping bag, pad, and waterproof tarp to put under the tent. There is no additional charge for camping.
If you wish more privacy and comfort, there are several nice lodging options in the area. For a list of area lodging, please visit Camp Wicosuta's Lodging Page.
Children & Teens
Children's Registration is FULL.
We love having the children and teens join us at the WHC. They bring a special magic to the WHC. With that said, there are very clear guidelines that parents who bring their children must respect and abide by. All children and teens must be pre-registered. We have limited space in Kids Kamp and when Kids Kamp is full, we are unable to accept any more children at the WHC. Children between the ages of 3-12 must either be at Kids Kamp or with a designated care giver at all times; children are not allowed to ‘roam free’ at the WHC. We are unable to provide childcare for children under three. The ‘little one’s’ are welcome to attend class with you, however, if they become fussy out of courtesy to others, please step away from the class. Please bring snack items for your child, change of clothes, and diapers if necessary.
Circle within a Circle for girls 13 and older. Circle Girls can attend workshops in the regular schedule or their own special schedule designed just for them! Please, no matter how ‘mature your 12+ daughter’ is, don’t try to get her into the teen circle. The Circle Girls created this rule themselves and when your daughter is 13 and joins the Circle she’ll understand why!