These are only a few of the activities planned each year at the WHC:
Henna Transformation. Get your hair henna’d with the Henna Queens Janet Blevins & Penny Clare and beautiful mendhi’s with amazing Henna Tattoo artists
- Relaxation Oasis with Dee Slingerland ~ Need a little pampering? Some R & R. Stop by the Relaxation Oasis for free facials, shoulder, foot and hand massage. The Oasis offers a calm respite from the busy weekend. Bring a friend to exchange treatments, or come and meet a friend.
- Massage ~ there are several fine masseuses with heavenly hands that come each year to give massage. You deserve it ~ treat yourself! $65 for an hour massage.
- The WHC Commemorative Collage ~ now in its 25th year. Bring a photo of yourself, add a quote. Create a lasting memory…displayed each year at the WHC.
- Ceremonial Mask Making with Margi Flint and daughter Sarah Matzua. Create a lasting impression with these unique one of a kind ‘made to your face’ masks.
- Swimming & Sunning; Camp Wicosuta has a lovely sandy beach on Newfound Lake. During specific times, we can swim and enjoy the sandy beach (only during specified times w/life guard on duty)
- Wild Plant Identification Walks ~ learn wild edible plants and their edible and medicinal uses. During each workshop schedule, a plant identification walk is scheduled and led by various herbalists.
- The WHC Labyrinth For several years, Jude Christian has brought her beautiful ‘traveling’ labyrinth to the Women’s Herbal Conference for everyone to walk, meditate, pray and connect within. It is available to walk during the day and night (see map for location). Labyrinths are amazing tools that enable one to travel deep within oneself, magnify our prayers and help us come together and connect, even as we walk through the pathways alone. This year at the WHC, Jude will also be teaching an Intensive on how to create and use Labyrinths and a workshop on the historical and spiritual nature of labyrinths.
- Wild Woman’s Fire Circle One of the highlights each year at the WHC is the Wild Women’s Fire Circle. Initiated by ALisa Starkweather at one of the early WHC, the Fire Circle has come to be one of the heartbeats of the WHC. Bring your drums, your songs, your wild women selves yearning to fly, to dance under the stars, the moonlight shinning down, the blaze of the fire warming our spirits, our souls, flaming our dreams…
- Music & Entertainment Each year at the WHC, we invite top quality woman musicians & entertainers (both well know and ‘still to be discovered’) to perform during our evening programs. We are still working on this year’s surprise…Stay tuned! (We are always open to suggestions; if you know of women performers that perform locally in New England that might make a good addition to our program, please let us know; email@example.com).
DAZZLING PERFORMANCES BY INSPIRING WOMEN
Each year at the WHC, we invite top quality woman musicians & entertainers (both well known and ‘still to be discovered’) to perform during our evening programs. Over the years, we’ve had a variety of stellar ‘inner-tainment’ including Rising Appalachia, Katrin, amazing aerial performer Amy Glasser, Zuleikha, Kalianna, Amy Lohman, dancer and poetess Jacqui Lalita, performers Nicole Adele Rosaria-Manieri and The Red Tent Sisterhood, among many others. We are still working on this year’s surprise…Stay tuned! (We are always open to suggestions; if you know of women performers that perform locally in New England that might make a good addition to our program, please let us know; firstname.lastname@example.org).
WE WELCOME THE FOLLOWING ARTISTS TO THE 2017 WOMEN’S HERBAL CONFERENCE AND THANK THEM FOR SO FULLY SHARING THEIR GIFTS WITH EACH ONE OF US:
WE HAVE A FULL WEEKEND OF SPLENDID ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC AND STORY TELLING. JUST A FEW OF THE WEEKEND HIGHLIGHTS:
The Women's Herbal Conference Emporium & Barter Faire
Let’s face it, we kind of love to shop and what better place to shop then at a women’s herbal conference where almost everything is women-crafted, useful, and exceptionally beautiful. The Emporium is filled with high quality herbal products, jewelry, clothing, books, and other lovely treasures. Be sure to visit the Herbal Emporium when you’re at the WHC. (If interested in vending at the WHC, please contact Katie Pickens at email@example.com)
Zack Woods Herb Farm * Avena Botanicals * Storey Publishing * Tulsi Tea Room * and more...
Handcrafted Herbal Products * Handmade Clothing * Handmade Jewelry * Treasured Books * and more...
We also host a delightful and lively Barter Faire each year at the WHC. Opened only during Free Thyme on Saturday afternoon, participants are invited to bring their wares to barter, trade and/or sell. Items should be homemade, locally crafted, or your ‘old jewels and treasures’ to barter. (Only open during Free Thyme on Sat. afternoon during specified times. Held in grassy area near Emporium)
WE ALL NEED THE OPPORTUNITY TO REST, RECHARGE, PLAY SOME,
SING SOME, DANCE SOME, SING & DANCE SOME MORE!
TO DRUM OUR SPIRITS AWAKE AS WE DANCE ROUND THE FIRE,
DREAM BY THE FIRE LIGHT & DANCE SOME MORE
SWIM & SUN AT THE BEACH, CANOE & KAYAK,
SHOP AND TALK
THE WOMEN’S HERBAL CONFERENCE PROVIDES
A TIME AND SPACE FOR ALL THIS AND MORE.
FAR MORE THAN JUST AN AMAZING EDUCATIONAL EVENT,
THE WHC IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO RECHARGE AND REFUEL OUR SOULS…